Tuesday, August 18, 2009



Raise your hand if you went to get Madden 10 at midnight. Ok probably just me of the people I know. But there's something exciting about going to get a game at midnight of release. Knowing there are hundreds of thousands of people doing the same thing, about to head home and get online so that I can beat their faces in with the Packers.


Thursday night I went to the Gamestop over on Park to pickup my copy-they had let me know earlier in the day that there was a tournament starting at 10pm, with a grand prize of a PSP. I thought that was really cool, and while I decided to skip it due to spending some time with my lovely lady, I think it would have been a lot of fun.

I showed up around 11:45, and went inside. To my surprise there were about 30-40 people there! The tournament was still in the first round-and this little nerdy white guy was playing as the Chiefs and MOPPING UP this guy he was playing. Ouch, guy. The first thought that crossed my mind was "Wow, this is an interesting crowd."

The crowd was half pudgy white nerds, like myself, and the other half, doo-rag wearing black guys. What else could bring together these two polar opposite groups than a Midnight Madden Mass? Pretty sweet to see people don't know each other, who probably would never talk to each other, laughing and cutting it up while playing some Madden.

Another stereotype shake-off by the video game industry.

I've also been playing around with some of the Xbox360 arcade titles lately, and Turtles in Time Re-Shelled is a classic. If you played this game as a kid, at least get the demo. BIG APPLE 3 AM made me laugh so hard as the level was loading.

My favorite arcade game, however, is the new TRIALS HD. Its a lot like a nuclear bomb exploded in one of those little flash games where you try to keep the motorcycle rider from falling off, and out came intense HD graphics and even more intense courses. Loops, jumps, flaming oil barrels, and the ability to eject your rider for some serious carnage. Need I say more?


HOLLA.


Now Playing: Madden NFL 10, NCAA Football 10, TRIALS HD

1 comments:

Cory said...

HAHA! We should see if Madden could settle differences in the Middle East as well as it does in a Gamestop. Classic.